Monday, February 1, 2010

Finally, a good day

Today didn't start to well as I was woken by the postman knocking at the door. As it was after 10 am, I decided there wasn't much point in going back to bed and shortly after getting dressed, I went for a short walk to the chemist to collect my medication. Shortly after I got back, there was another knock at the door which turned out to be a delivery man with some of the goodies I ordered online over the weekend.

At about 1.40pm, my friend phoned me to see how I was which was fortunate as I'd forgotten to take my medication. If she hadn't phoned, I wouldn't have realised until the next reminder on my phone at 3.30 by which time I wouldn't have bothered to take any pills as everything would be out of sync and that's when the trouble would have started.

The really good thing has just happened when I received a phone call from the Home Treatment Team just now. They wanted to know if I wanted the bed in respite from tomorrow for a whole week. For me, that was just too short a notice period, besides, I'm expecting my new laptop to arrive by the end of the week. they were quite happy for me to have it next week so it looks like everything's turning out all right. My gadgets are coming, I've got a new doctor Who DVD to watch and my "holiday" is booked for next week! In the meantime, I'm sitting here getting all excited about the new medication that the nurse is supposed to be bringing over tonight. Things are looking up after all.

No comments:

Post a Comment