Thursday, February 25, 2010

Steps Forward

Today was a landmark day for me as I got my arrows back. Although it's only been just over a month, it feel like forever, probably because I haven't shot since the week before Christmas. It wasn't that I lost my arrows, rather, I had to hand them over to protect myself and others as I was so unwell and so my friend took care of them until I was deemed fit enough to be allowed to have my weapons back again.

It felt like a big step today to go to my friend's to collect them. Needless to say, I also rewarded myself with some more drawing stuff. All in all, it's been a good day in spite of the weather which was pure rain all day. Now I can look forward to going back to archery club tomorrow night after a very long break. While I'm not expecting to get really high scores, I am hoping I won't disgrace myself too much, if only I can remember how to put my bow together (maybe I'll do a practice run at home before I go).

I've also provisionally booked my Summer break this morning. Yesterday, my nurse and I talked about having some planned respite as a way of stopping me from getting ill. In the New Year, which is one of my bad times, I plan to go back to Snowdon as I did so well there. For the Summmer, I'm looking at a place called Forresters which is on the coast in Southampton. Having looked at it online, I think it would be the ideal place for me so I rang them up to ask if there were vancancies for the week beginning 16 August and luckily, there are still places available. All I have to do now is get the forms filled in with my nurse and send them off. This week really feels as if things are looking up.

No comments:

Post a Comment