Saturday, February 13, 2010

Finally there!

Well I finally made it to respite after a tremendous amount of red tape! I've reached the halfway point of my stay. The day I left home was fraught with red tape and I really thought I'd never make it here but shortly after 4pm I had arrived.
It was too late for me to go shopping so I had a meal cooked by the manager. Luckily, the previous ICB (in crisis bed) person had left a few essentials like tea & coffee to tide me over until the next day when I would have to shop for my own food.
I've been really surprised by how well I've adapted to living with people. I guess it helps if those people are welcoming & helpful. My fellow residents are certainly that and they've reallyvhelped me settle in. My biggest worry now is, how do I cope going back to living on my own? I also wonder what habits I'll slip back into - I've got a good routine here and having people check on me for medication and food has really helped. Also, because I have to smoke outside, I'm getting plenty of exercise going up & down the stairs every time I want to smoke. Not forgetting, of course, the new friends I've made.
Maybe it's too early to be thinking about negative things like that. Perhaps I'll just focus on the roast lunch that I'll be getting tomorrow!
Oh yes, and watch all the rugby that's on the telly.

No comments:

Post a Comment