Thursday, March 4, 2010

Health Matters

Maybe it's because of my mother's heart attack or maybe it's just because I found I wasn't as fit as I used to be but I've started doing more exercise. I've already been out on the archery range twice this week, I would go today but it's just a bit too cold and windy. Today, I did a short walk down to the chemist so I could post a letter and collect all my medications. I think the walk today was prompted by a telephone call I got from my GP regarding my eyes. Last week, when I saw her, I was told I would get a phone call within 24 hours giving me an emergency appointment. When I went to see the doctor yesterday, I told him I still hadn't heard so would they chase it up for me. Being a new and young doctor, the original one I saw was more enthusiastic than some of the others would have been which is why I now have an appointment at 9.15 tomorrow morning.

This is a shockingly early time for me although I have been better about getting up reasonably early since I went to respite although 9.15 is still going to be a bit of a struggle. On the plus side, I should get to find out what's going on with my eyes although, knowing my luck, they'll say there's nothing really wrong and I just need a new prescription for my glasses. Admittedly, my eyes have been better although I still feel uncomfortable about driving at night (I had to drive in the dark last night)and I still struggle to read my laptop screen when it's more than a couple of feet away.

No comments:

Post a Comment